Membership of the British Pharmacological Society gives individuals access an important set of member benefits and an international network of pharmacologists. New members join a diverse and friendly community, which welcomes individuals with an active interest in pharmacology: from university students to professionals working in academia, government agencies, industry and the health service.
The Society is a global community at the heart of pharmacology, with over 3,500 members from over 60 countries. The continued support from these members ensures that the Society can continue to lead the way in the research and application of pharmacology around the world.
- 30% of members are female (May 2015)
- 35% of members are younger than 30 years old (May 2015)
- 17% of members have an interest in clinical pharmacology (May 2015)
- 4% of members have an interest in industrial pharmacology (May 2015)
As a membership organisation, the Society’s governance and strategy reflect the importance of members in fulfilling its charitable mission to promote and advance pharmacology in all its forms. By joining the Society, members have an opportunity to help fulfil this mission and can get involved in a broad range of activities.
The Society’s 2013 member engagement survey found:
- 97% of members agree with the Society’s mission
- 83% of members agree that the Society is fulfilling its mission
- 89% of members would recommend joining the Society to colleagues and peers
- Members join to keep up-to-date with developments in pharmacology, access and present at the Society’s meetings and to network with other members
- Members ranked the most important benefits of membership as networking, free access to the Society’s journals, free registration at the annual meeting, and bursaries and travel grants
Find out more about member benefits - or join today (sign in required)!