Regulatory affairs​

Regulatory affairs officers make sure that medicines and healthcare products meet legislative requirements.​

To work in regulatory affairs, you will need to have at least a BSc. An MSc in regulatory affairs (or similar) can be useful. ​

To help you in a regulatory affairs career you can:​

  • Shadow someone in this role or volunteer in a regulatory affairs role ​
  • Develop an understanding of the landscape by taking part in lab work​

Organisations offering roles in regulatory affairs include:​

  • Higher education institutions ​
  • Biotechnology companies​
  • Pharmaceutical companies​
  • Cosmetics companies​
  • Agricultural chemicals companies​
  • Oil companies​
  • Clinical laboratories​
  • Regulatory bodies