Pharmacology Research & Perspectives (PR&P) is a collaboration between the American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET), the British Pharmacological Society (BPS) and Wiley. PR&P is an open access journal that publishes original research, reviews and perspectives in all areas of preclinical and clinical pharmacology, education and related research areas.PR&P is published bimonthly and is available online.
Editor-in-Chief: Dr DR Abernethy
Deputy Editor: Professor AJ Lawrence
All articles published by PR&P are fully open access: immediately freely available to read, download and share. PR&P charges a publication fee. You can read all PR&P articles via www.pharmacolresperspect.com.
Reasons to publish with PR&P
- A collaboration between the British Pharmacological Society and ASPET supported by their journals
- Rapid peer review
- Immediate open access
- Fully compliant with all open access mandates
- Authors retain copyright and articles are published under a Creative Commons License
As well as direct submission, journals published by ASPET and the British Pharmacological Society participate in a Manuscript Transfer Programme so selected articles of suitable quality are referred to PR&P and authors have the option of their papers, with any peer review reports, automatically being transferred to PR&P.
PR&P also invites submission of several special article types:
- Target validation – publication of negative findings including preclinical papers that show a hypothesis is incorrect or papers on drugs that have failed in early clinical development
- Drug discovery reviews – strategy, hypotheses and data resulting in a successful therapeutic drug
- Frontiers in translational medicine – drug and target validation for an unmet therapeutic need
- Pharmacological hypotheses – reviews that are oriented to inform a novel hypothesis
- Replication studies - work that refutes key findings (failed replication), and work that validates key findings
Furtherinformation is available via the PR&P website.
Member discount on article publication
Active members benefit from a 10% discount on the article publication charge for PR&P when they submit a paper directly to the journal. The usual price for publishing in this journal is $2,500 / £1,625 / €1,900 – you pay just $2,250 / £1,415 / €1,643.
To take advantage of this special offer please sign in to access the Society member discount code. This code must be entered when presented with payment options when submitting to the journal.
More about PR&P
Editor-in-Chief Darrell Abernethy and Deputy Editor Andrew Lawrence discuss publishing international pharmacology research in this open access journal, and look ahead to new developments on the horizon.