The British Pharmacological Society offers a range of membership options tailored for each stage of your career - find out more from the links below or start your application now.
- Undergraduate Membership welcomes undergraduate students working on a pharmacological topic, and medical students until the completion of their degree.
- Postgraduate Membership welcomes full-time postgraduate students working on a pharmacological topic, and foundation doctors.
- Early Career Membership welcomes early career pharmacologists who do not yet have the necessary qualifications to become Full Members. This includes Post-docs, Clinical Research Fellows' and Specialist Trainees years' 1 & 2.
- Affiliate Membership welcomes individuals from related disciplines and to those with pharmacology qualifications who no longer work in the field. This may include research assistants/fellows from allied disciplines; pharmacists; nurses; science teachers with an interest or academic background in pharmacology; science administrators; science writers; other professionals whose work or studies bring them into contact with or give them an interest in pharmacology.
- Full Membership applicants will be established researchers who have published in peer reviewed journals, and will have presented an abstract communication at one of the Society’s meetings, or at a meeting of an equivalent scientific or medical society. In the case of clinicians, certification in clinical pharmacology and therapeutics or, for trainees, holding a recognised training position in the speciality, will be sufficient evidence.