This award was set up in commemoration of the late Sir James Black to recognise the achievements of pharmacologists in drug discovery.
The winner will receive £2,000.
Awards will be made after either a completely new drug has been introduced to the market, or original research has led to a new application or use of an existing drug.
- The award is open to individuals or teams of up to five people
- The lead nominee will ordinarily be expected to have been a member for at least 2 years
- Self-nomination or nomination by members only
- There is no time limit on nominations in relation to the discovery, and it is expected that many awards will be retrospective
- There are no restrictions on age, nationality, place of residence or work of nominees
Deadline & nomination form
Please submit the nomination form by 28 February 2017
- 2016 - F di Giovine, G Duff & G Nuki
- 2015 - C Jordan
- 2014 - S Sanger
- 2013 - J Westwick
- 2012 - S Campbell
- 2011 - R Hill & R Hargreaves