If you are looking for a speaker to deliver a talk at your school or organisation about pharmacology or pharmacological careers, we recommend searching the following speaker databases. Many of these include pharmacologists working in research and other fields who can share their experiences.
- Inspiring the Future is run by the Education and Employers charity. The project aims to connect state schools and colleges with employers and people from the world of work. Teachers can search for volunteers to deliver talks about their jobs to primary schools, secondary schools and colleges. The speakers show how to make a connection between current lessons and future careers.
- STEM Ambassadors matches schools to volunteer speakers who are either working in or studying STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) subjects. The organisation's goal is to inspire students to enjoy STEM subjects.
- Understanding Animal Research is a not-for-profit organisation which aims to educate the public about the humane use of animals in medical, veterinary, scientific and environmental research in the UK. Schools and teachers can contact the organisation to arrange visits and talks by volunteer speakers at their schools.
- Speakezee is a platform that brings together academic speakers with schools, teachers, and other event organisers. It aims to help academics engage with the public and to make it easier for organisers to find relevant expert speakers.
- Biology4All is a speaker database that matches schools and teachers to scientists working in all areas of biology. The broad network allows schools to find speakers who are able to deliver science and careers talks in their local area.