The British Pharmacological Society is a friendly and collaborative community, with over 3,500 members from over 60 countries worldwide. The Society leads the way in the research and application of pharmacology around the world. We support pharmacology internationally by fostering excellence in scientific discovery, providing new opportunities for pharmacologists to present and publish their research, and supporting the development of new skills.
What we offer international pharmacologists
- Discounted rates at Society meetings worldwide, and free registration at the Society’s annual meeting Pharmacology.
- Discounted membership for individuals living in countries that the World Bank categorizes as “low", "lower middle" or "upper middle" gross national income per capita.
- Collaboration with international Societies providing opportunities such as
- Eligibility for travel bursaries.
- The means to keep up-to-date with developments in pharmacology by:
- Attending special networking events.
- Joining an Affinity Group to help facilitate discussion around your research interests.
- Subscribing to targeted newsletters.
- Journals and meetings that provide platforms for sharing research and promote and encourage international research.
- Complimentary online access to our international journals (British Journal of Pharmacology and British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology).
- Eligibility for pharmacology prizes awarded by the Society.